Dec 31, 2018 The best free software for your new PC or laptop By Cat Ellis 31 December 2018 Kit out your new Windows device with premium-quality programs that won't break your budget. Free Nikon DSLR Tethering Software for PCs, Tablets and Smartphones. The free, open source software digiCamControl seems to offer a bit more. Trigger your shutter remotely, and even use. Wifi Faster software, free download - Startup Faster, CommView for WiFi, Baidu PC Faster, and many more programs.
As the number of Wi-Fi networks rapidly explodes, detecting, managing, and maintaining your Wi-Fi can become problematic. When everyone around you is blasting their own Wi-Fi signals—particularly if in large apartment buildings or business complexes with lots of other large companies—you’re more likely to experience problems with Wi-Fi signals dropping out, poor connectivity, and slow performance.
Even within your own Wi-Fi network, several optimizations could help ensure your network is functioning appropriately, including router placement, appropriate channel, and security measures. And of course, analyzing and understanding your wireless network is key.
One of my favorite tools for discovering and solving these problems is SolarWinds® Network Performance Monitor (NPM). It includes high-performance network monitoring and insights and troubleshooting features to ensure your network starts working again as soon as possible after a problem arises. In particular, the SolarWinds heat map feature allows you to see where Wi-Fi signal is strong, and “dead zones” with low connectivity.
What Does a Wi-Fi Analyzer Do?
Most Wi-Fi network analyzers work in a similar way, in which you can choose a wireless spectrum to examine, such as 2.4GHz or 5GHz. The analyzer then examines that spectrum to view networks, their channels, and signal strength.
In simple terms, a Wi-Fi analyzer gathers information about access points and channels on your network and displays it in an easy-to-understand, visually accessible way. A wireless network analyzer can help you maintain connection quality, which can be vital for numerous business needs and performance metrics. Wi-Fi signals are constantly changing, and small changes in the network can have massive effects on the overall connection uptime.
Using a Wi-Fi network analyzer can collect data and help you identify problems, or it can indicate potential solutions such as switching to another channel to reduce congestion. You can also use this type of tool to discover areas in your facility with a weak Wi-Fi signal.
Best Wi-Fi Network Analyzer Software
In my opinion, using Wi-Fi analyzer software can be an excellent tool for optimizing business and even at-home Wi-Fi performance. This kind of software is usually easy-to-use and can provide great benefits in terms of connection reliability, signal strength, and download speeds.
Network Performance Monitor
Of the different tools available on the market, the SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor, with its Wi-Fi analyzer, is the most comprehensive. Despite its extensive list of features, it remains simple for both beginner and advanced users.
The relevant feature here is the heatmapping capability allowing you to create multiple color-coded maps of your facilities using real device data to display signal strength. You can automatically update these maps for a real-time understanding of your wireless network. Having at-a-glance insights into your Wi-Fi can really help with troubleshooting (especially when end users come knocking with complaints about connectivity).
Beyond heatmapping, NPM offers a range of useful network management features. For instance, its proprietary NetPath™ tool lets you detect and display network pathways with a visual traceroute. This allows you to simply determine where slowdowns and issues exist, as you can see the performance and information between individual nodes. Furthermore, with the PerfStack™ feature, you can compare the performance of different metrics side-by-side, so you can correlate multiple types of data across a common timeline.
Overall, SolarWinds NPM has an impressive suite of tools, and each has clean and beautiful visualizations and displays. Furthermore, NPM scales well and includes the ability to hook in with the SolarWinds High Availability platform, to ensure even fewer network drops, with strong failover protection.
NetSpot has a beautiful, easy-to-use interface, and is suitable for both beginners and experienced network administrators. It uses two different modes: discovery mode and survey mode. The first mode looks at a snapshot of the Wi-Fi networks near you, while survey mode can provide more detailed heat maps of Wi-Fi strength.
NetSpot is easy to install and includes several other visual representations of the wireless spectrum and the data it can collect. There are four different versions: free, home, commercial, and enterprise. The difference between them is the number of zones you can look at, how many access points you can scan, and the number of data points you can collect with a scan.
Another product to consider is InSSIDer. This established Wi-Fi analyzer tool for Windows is very reliable. The InSSIDer tool is generally intended for enterprise and business use, rather than for home users. Despite being geared toward admins, it’s still relatively easy to use.
It gathers the data you would expect: channel, signal strength, MAC addresses, and encryption type for each access point on the network. InSSIDer then provides you with a “link score” for each connection. The higher the score, the better. The software is easy to install, with comprehensive guides and links to free webinars if you need more assistance.
Consider NetCut if you’re looking for a solution for professional or enterprise use. It was originally created to be a back-end solution, but it can be used by anyone for network investigating and debugging.
NetCut allows you to monitor LAN activity and can display all the IP and MAC addresses and data of devices that are connected or have ever connected to your network.
With NetCut, you can kick someone off your network or restore their access at will. The main issue with NetCut for beginner users is that it has a lot of machine-translated documentation that may be hard to understand for someone who is not a network administrator, and a slightly more complex interface.
NetCut includes an extra layer of protection called NetCut Defender, which protects your computer from ARP and MAC address spoofing.
Unlike NetSpot and NetCut, WiFi Analyzer is intended primarily for home or temporary use. It is an app for Windows 10, available on the Microsoft Store. It comes in basic and pro versions, and the basic version includes everything you need to analyze your Wi-Fi network. The app takes your network and turns the data into easy-to-understand visualizations, suggesting which channel you should use to reduce congestion.
For someone new to Wi-Fi analyzer tools, this would be a potential choice. For enterprise needs or larger networks, it’s probably much too limited.
Like most other Wi-Fi analyzers, Vistumbler scans nearby networks for access points and can map your Wi-Fi network and connectivity strength while showing you detailed information about each network. It provides network status, MAC address, SSID, signal strength, channel number, and network type.
Download surface concept driver free. Cumulative and current firmware and drivers for the Surface Pro 4. This firmware and driver package contains drivers for all of the components in the Surface Pro 4, as well as updates to the system firmware that have been released via Windows Update. These drivers and firmware are compatible with Windows 10, including Enterprise versions. The driver MSI and ZIP files include all of the drivers and firmware needed to deploy custom images of Windows on your Surface devices. The 'Date Published' shown on this page represents the last date a file on this page was updated, so the file you are downloading may be older than the actual 'Date Published'. Cumulative and current firmware and drivers for the Surface Book. This firmware and driver package contains drivers for all of the components in the Surface Book, as well as updates to the system firmware that have been released via Windows Update. These drivers and firmware are compatible with Windows 10, including Enterprise versions. This firmware and driver package contains drivers for all of the components in the Surface Pro, as well as updates to the system firmware that have been released via Windows Update. These drivers and firmware are compatible with Windows 10, including Enterprise versions, The driver MSI files include all of the drivers and firmware needed to. Surface Devices Surface Select your Surface model from the list below, then select the attached link for the latest firmware and drivers for sound, display, ethernet, and Wi-Fi for your Surface. You'll be redirected to the Download Center details page for your device. Multiple downloads may be available, depending on the product you select.
Vistumbler is set apart by its GPS support, which can integrate with Google Earth to display Wi-Fi networks. This feature is for people who may be driving, walking, or cycling around to try to find Wi-Fi networks to use. When Vistumbler discovers a Wi-Fi network with this feature, the app can show you where the network is on a map and other network information.
The main downside is that Vistumbler is not easy to use, and the user interface can be difficult to navigate. Again, it’s not a full enterprise solution for Wi-Fi analysis.
With good-looking graphics and sophisticated UI, WiFi Commander is one of the more attractive Wi-Fi analyzer tools. You can scan and filter nearby Wi-Fi networks and create 3-D graphs of the results. If your laptop has touchscreen capabilities, you can use touch to move and interact with the 3-D visualization.
The WiFi Commander app shows Wi-Fi signal strength and displays it in real-time so you can use the most recent data to join the strongest or most stable Wi-Fi network.
If you need a free or open-source Wi-Fi analyzer tool, check out Wireshark. Its purpose is to analyze and troubleshoot different communications protocols, and it includes the ability to look at Wi-Fi. Wireshark is very complicated to use, and you’ll need some training to use it. As such, it’s normally only used by networking and Wi-Fi professionals. In addition, there are obvious disadvantages for relying on open-source tools for business use, so you may want something with a bit more built-up functionality.
If you’re looking for something a little more basic when it comes to Wireshark, SolarWinds has a free tool called Response Time Viewer for Wireshark designed to help you analyze packet capture files as well as visualize response time in Wireshark.
Wi-Fi Analysis Solutions
In general, there’s no shortage of tools and software to help you monitor and organize your Wi-Fi networks, whether you’re a casual user or an enterprise professional. With the inclusion of high-reward tools such as heatmaps, visualizations, and performance metric graphs, the best Wi-Fi analysis tools and network management tools can revolutionize how you get the most out of your connection.
I recommend SolarWinds NPM due to its more robust suite of offerings and simple learning curve for new users. It’s much more robust than some of the limited-scope tools I mentioned above. Even so, I find the SolarWinds platform both intuitive and efficient.
How to Tame—and Redefine—Your Network Now – If you’re interested in considering how networks are changing and evolving, as well as the ways in which you may need to adapt your network management, read this article on how to prepare for tomorrow’s network topography.
Well, we’re sure most of you own more than one smart device. But if you have many devices, it’s not always simple enough to have an internet connection for each of them. You can easily get over this constraints by using your laptop or PC as Wi-Fi hotspot through these Wi-Fi software.
Let us look at some of the top notch free Wi-Fi software for your PC.
1. My WIFI Router- Simple user interface with minimal elements arrange in an easy manner
- Supports Windows XP, Windows 7 and 8 and works well with both 32 bit and 64 bit architectures.
- Easily limit speed, change nickname of devices to prevent theft of browser speed using client management.
- Share videos over WIFI easily using ‘Share video’ option to play them at your smartphone.
Free Wifi Software For Laptop The Best Free Software For Your Ipad
- Available for free download right here.
2. MaryFi- Simple user interface with basic features
- Minimal user interface with basic features thus making it very simple and easy to use WiFi hotspot creator.
- Despite of being very simple in use, it can be used as a WiFi repeater.
- Even if you don’t have one internet connection with you and if you turn it on, it will let you access your PC folders from other devices.
Free Wifi Softwarefor Laptopthe Best Free Software For Your
- Free to use and works well with Windows 7 and 8.
3. MyPublicWiFi- Get to know which devices are connected to your WiFi
- Compatible with Windows 7, 8 and works well with 32 bit and 64 bit architectures.
- Easily know which all devices are connected even when you have an open network.
- URL logging helps you know which all websites have been accessed during the hotspot session allowing you to check any undesirable website which has been opened by someone else.
- Can be used as a WiFi repeater, easy to use and download for free.
4. mHotspot- Ability to have upto 10 clients
- Works with both windows 7 and windows 8.
- Can have upto 10 clients but you can easily restrict the no of devices that can be connected to the hotspot.
- Comes in small size of around 400 KB and easily downloadable for free. So create feature rich WiFi hotspot in no time with mHotspot.
- Displays data sent, data received, upload speed, download speed, etc.
5. Connectify- Easy setup only in a few seconds
- Connectify will have your devices online in a few seconds.
- Easily convert your Connectify into WiFi repeater and extend the range of your existing Wi-Fi network.
- Easily avoid overcharges for all costly connections; convert your PC into a WiFi hotspot and connect internet on all of them with price of single connection.
- Perfect for Windows 7 and 8 and easily downloadable for free.
6. Virtual WiFi router- simple user interface
- Simple user interface with multiple tabs containing devices connected and Settings.
- Configuring it on your PC or laptop is very easy; just name the Hotspot, choose the connection and then Start or configure.
- Know all the devices and IP addresses using your WiFi hotspot.
- The bottom of the interface contains configuration instructions, help files, email support, log files and other things.
7. MyHotspot- Real time monitoring and tracking URLs
- Easy to use which makes setting up of WiFi hotspot on all devices very easy.
- Includes capability to manage the access to the internet with real time tracking and monitoring of used URLs.
- Easily manage WiFi hotspots on cafes, hotels or other businesses. Specify the price and MyHotspot will easily calculate the amount customer must pay for the service.
- Manage your internet access with free download of MyHotspot.
8. PCMate Free WiFi Hotspot Creator- Secure your WiFi hotspot with a hotspot Id and password
- Now easily view the connection information, various operations that are performed, the upload speed, download speed and many more.
- Secure your wireless hotspot with a password so that unauthorised access is prevented.
- With a single click of the button, share your internet connection seamlessly with your friends and peers and cut down on the cost.
- Download PCMate Free WiFi Hotspot Creator for free right here.
9. WiFi HotSpot Creator- Turn your laptop into a WiFi hotspot and connect with unlimited number of users
- Share your internet connection from Windows 7 and 8 PC to your smartphones, wireless printers and other devices.
- Easily convert your WiFi HotSpot Creator into WiFi repeater and extend the range of your existing Wi-Fi network.
- You can configure it easily; just name the Hotspot, choose the connection and then Start or configure.
- Easy to use and free download available here.
10. Free WiFi Hotspot- Basic software to convert your wireless enabled PC into a WiFi hotspot
- Perfectly easy to setup and is extremely handy for users who are setting it up for the first time.
- Enter the hotspot Id, password and the type of connection you want to share like 3G, 4G, WiFi, etc.
- Works perfectly with Windows 7 enabled PC.
- Download it for free here and have your devices online in a few seconds.
Share your internet connection on your laptop or PC anywhere and anytime with these amazing wireless software and use it all the devices without paying any extra cost.