- TvOS Human Interface Guides
- Xamarin.Forms.UWP Sample Problems · Issue #312 · Baseflow ..
- TvOS Samples
LibVLCSharp is a cross-platform audio and video API for .NET platforms based on VideoLAN's LibVLC Library.It provides a comprehensive multimedia API that can be used across mobile, server and desktop to render video and output audio as well as encode and stream.
The official repository URL for this repo is https://code.videolan.org/videolan/LibVLCSharp.
My experience working with video and audio streaming in Xamarin.Forms. We had this project where we used Xamarin.Forms for developing a cross-platform chatbot (Bot Framework + LUIS.ai) application (btw, this was my first Xamarin.Forms project). We needed to play a video and I thought it will be really easy, because in UWP development, you can just use MediaElement and I’ve never been so. Xamarin Blog An open source mobile platform for building Android, iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS apps with.NET. Delivering Rich Media Experiences with the Xamarin.Forms Video Player.
- Beginning Xamarin development for the Mac: create iOS, watchOS, and Apple tvOS apps with Xamarin.iOS and Visual Studio for Mac Borycki, Dawid download Z.
- It launched on Sep 9, 2015. Currently, we are using many of the streaming devices to play the video. TvOS is one of the most popular streaming devices in the world but currently, it is not available in India’s market. Let’s have a look on some features of tvOS App Development using Xamarin. Features of tvOS App Development.
Check out libvlc-nuget to get a basic understanding of how
libvlc works, what it can offer and how to install it with NuGet.
Some of the features include:
- Plays all formats
- Network browsing for distant filesystems (SMB, FTP, SFTP, NFS..).
- HDMI pass-through for Audio HD codecs, like E-AC3, TrueHD or DTS-HD.
- Stream to distant renderers, like Chromecast.
- 360 video and 3D audio playback with viewpoint change.
- Support for Ambisonics audio and more than 8 audio channels.
- Subtitles size modification live.
- Hardware and software decoding on all platforms.
- DVD playback and menu navigation.
- Equalizer support.
Most things you can achieve with the regular VLC desktop app, you can also achieve using
Mono, .NET Framework and .NET Core runtimes are supported.
- Xamarin.Mac (Cocoa)
- Windows (WPF, WinForms, GTK)
- Linux (GTK)
- .NET Standard 1.1 and 2.0
- .NET Core (including ASP.NET Core)
- Install LibVLC in your platform specific project.
|Platform||LibVLC Package||NuGet||Minimum OS Version|
LibVLC is the actual VLC engine written mostly in C/C++ and compiled for your target platform. More information here.
- Install LibVLCSharporLibVLCSharp.Forms (if you plan on using Xamarin.Forms)
LibVLCSharp is the .NET wrapper that consumes
LibVLC and allows you to interact with native code from C#/F#.
TvOS Human Interface Guides
Follow the Getting started guide.
For more advanced samples, have a look at libvlcsharp-samples. Can i download windows to my mac. It currently includes:
- Chromecast sample: Discover chromecasts on your local network and select one for playback in 100% shared code (Xamarin.Forms, iOS/Android).
- Record HLS sample: Simple .NET Core CLI app which shows how to record an HLS stream to the filesystem.
- RTSP Mosaic: Cross-platform RTSP player sample with 4 views mosaic (Xamarin.Forms, iOS/Android).
- PulseMusic UX: A stylish music player UX example using Skia on iOS and Android.
- Gestures sample: Cross-platform touch gestures and 360 videos on iOS and Android.
Xamarin.Forms.UWP Sample Problems · Issue #312 · Baseflow ..
Feel free to suggest and contribute new samples.
Quick API overview
LibVLC.cs: Main object pointing to a native
libvlcinstance in native code.
MediaPlayer.cs: Manages playback, offers event listeners and more. Accessible from
VideoViewwiths actually an issue, please visit our forum.
You have encountered an issue and wish to report it to the VLC dev team?
You can create one on our Gitlab or on our bug tracker.
Before creating an issue or ticket, please double check for duplicates!
Want to quickly get in touch with us for a question, or even just to talk?
You will always find someone from the VLC team on IRC, #videolan channel on the freenode network.
If you don't have an IRC client, you can always use the freenode webchat.
We are also on Gitter
We regularly monitor the
Code of Conduct
Please read and follow the VideoLAN CoC license.
LibVLCSharp is under the LGPLv2.1.
Note: the .NET4.0 LibVLCSharp build references a nuget package that may indicate its license as the .NET Library license but it's actually opensource under MIT.